Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Erected Wit and Infected Will

I used a crowded u-spl bus today after a long time (for those not in Delhi, these are 'special' buses run by the delhi transport corp to ferry students to and from north and south campuses). See i take a lift with a classmate in his car usually. Today's was jam packed, man. bad. And the problem is, i am a very nervous person around women...that is not to say that i'm one of those guys from the ads..."yeh to mera farz tha"...but i cannot stand glares from women in buses etc when i accidentally (never otherwise) bump into them, or brush past them etc. Believe me, this comes from my complete and most siscere empathy for girls and women who have to live in Delhi, the land of erect male minds!!! Note i say empathy, cause i too know how it feels to have these erect minds rubbing against me in the bus (ah the delightful underbelly of Indian society). so anyway, maybe its just me and my worry-wart-edness that makes me imagine it, but today was the same old story. ever had one of those days, when you may be looking from left to rght and just as you scan past a girl she looks up and catches you red-handed...and then when you go back from right to left it happens again...and up-down and so on. you get the picture. and i was absented-mindedly staring out of the window when it seems the girl sitting next to it thought i was looking at her, and made discomforting effort to adjust her clothes. Dammit woman...i empathize, i EMPATHIZE. I'm a gentle soul, i'm not a Delhi-ite in that sense ("guns and guts, only for jutts" plastered across their car)...i think with my mind. what helped was that now these two girls were on 2 opposite sides of my view...so if i turned away to not look at one, guess who spotted me looking at her. please tell me you've had days like these. please tell me i'm not the only misunderstood male around. please tell me its not just guys. Empathize, oh won't you please empathize with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home