Tuesday, August 16, 2005

New Gateways of India

My breathing’s better but I’ve this nagging cough now.

I guess everybody’s heard of the attack at the Gateway of India recently. Man that was scary. Just imagine, that out of the blue some maniac comes and slashes you. Its like a scary movie! Really unsettling. But through it all there’s one angle to this incident that makes me glad (now I sound like a maniac). I saw in the news yesterday that there was a man, Salil something I think, who came to the aid of the 2 girls and may have been critical in saving one of them. He heard the screams, say the girls covered in blood, rushed them to a hospital. Applause to him. It is rarely, if ever, that one hears of any good Samaritan, or even a helping hand in time times of need. That was something that made me feel safe, far away here, to think that maybe, just maybe there are more like him.

But again, I want to point to myself. I would like to think that I would have done the same. Probably. But it would be cowardly and selfish of me to expect someone to help me if I am not going to help another. I wonder if I would. In delusional dreams I may kick serious ass, but in real life will I be too scared or even confused to react. That guy said that he didn’t think before acting, and that if he had he might not have helped. Would I think? Would you? Nothing that can be answered…not now anyway.

Changing to a much lighter topic, I was telling my brother, and let me tell those of you interested, Peter England has really good t-shirts – collared with stripes, 300-500 bucks. Also Buddy Davis for pastel solids, check them out if you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home