Monday, September 26, 2005

Your eye is so big
Like of a bleeding pig
So bloodshot, so perfect
My dear.
It bulges, it quivers
It shakes and shivers
So lively, so deathly
Oh dear.

Be mine, Clementine
So fine, so fierce
Our wedding, our bedding
Will be in a hearse.
Our vows, for spouse
Will be so tender, so true
Like flesh of a child
Or infant too.

Say yes, my success
Will be to dress
You in diamonds
And guts.
My heart is yours
And yours will be mine
I’ll hold it in my hand
And squeeze it time to time.

For life, my wife
I’ll be faithful, ne’er fear
Pluck my eyes,
Tear my ears.
‘Cause once I’m taken
I’ll never be tempted
To dissect or torture
Any other.

And our children
Will be loved
More than any skeletons
Or corpse.
I’ll sing for them
Kill for them
Dance for them
Dear.


So agree
To matrimony
And happiness
Ever after.
Our lives
Be bliss
And blessed
With eerie laughter.



Yours,
E.A.Poe