Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Bus Dropped Me Far From My House, Because The Route Was Blocked, Apparently.

I wrote an existential piece today. I am so proud of being able to say something like that. I wrote an existential piece today. Hah!

I participated in the creative writing event of my Dept fest today. I hope I win. There was something different today, I wrote with consciousness of what I was writing. What I mean is that I knew the power and effect of my words and sentences, and constructed sentences and used words for specific powers and effects. Quite an existential experience itself …

Am I saying existential too often?

John Players is the principal sponsor of the fest, and unenlightened people thought he was some dapper teacher or writer who was to grace our fest. I tells ya…!!! These old ‘uns today.

Penguin is also sponsoring and so they had set up a small stall as well. I purchased Satyajit Ray’s ‘Speaking on Films’ for 200, which is 75 less that cost price. What percentage is that? 75/275*100 is 15/55*100 or 3/11*100 or 27% approx. Not bad at all!!! Better than the darn book fair at least. I want to get the complete works of Samuel Beckett also, don’t know if I will, or even if I should (I have great propensity to splurge senselessly on books). That was about 6 pounds…is 480 rupees…73% of which would come to 4.8*73…365 approx…whatsay? A savings of 115. worth it?

I will post the piece when I can, and I would greatly appreciate constructive criticism on it. Much obliged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home