Saturday, September 17, 2005

Why do Outlook and India Today both have cover stories on Sex Surveys?

So what does one think of my first ever film review?

Watched a movie before and since Belle du Jour – Ju Dao and Chungking Express. Both nice, not extraordinary. Ju Dao was about complex/incestuous family relationships, and Chungking Express seemed to me (I didn’t watch it completely or with much concentration) to be about jaded lives, and glimpses of life in life.

The dvd of Chungking Express had some talking by Quentin Tarantino, which was quite unexpected. He was not at all the new-age cool that I thought he would be. He spoke sense, no doubt, but a bit goofy in his expressions et al.

I was supposed to watch Charme Discret de la Bourgeoisie (Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie) today, but the screening was cancelled. It is another Luis Bunuel film, and later one, which won the best foreign film oscar in 1972. It is surrealistic, with dream-within-dream sequences, biting satire and much (black) humour. This is from reviews I read off the net yesterday.

Its been raining quite a lot these past couple of days here. It would be equal to what we’ve had through the rest of this year. And I took my car to college today, and man, I don’t know if its cause of the rains, but what a lot of potholes and bumpy stretches. And so many trees have fallen, its sad. Right in front of my classroom is a tree which hasn’t fallen but is bent down to the ground almost and it looks so sad. Do not be surprised, I am strange in my affection for inanimate objects. Excuse me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home