Monday, October 17, 2005

The Way Out

This following article is not to be taken as a comment on how I drive, or how I expect others to drive. Do not try this at home (even if you manage to get your car inside).


I took a bus to college today morining after a long time. I usually take a lift with a friend who goes by the stop and I decide its cheaper, more comfortable, and I don’t have to wake up as early. Today he wasn’t comjing, so my change of plans.

The journey was normal enough, except the girl next to me who kept leaning my way because the guy standing next to her was leaning her way because the girl behind him was leaning his way…public transport people!! So , I was nearing college when the bus had to take a turn to the left into the university area, and I happened to look up at the road that goes on straight, and I saw it for the first time. Indeed, this was a road that had been diverted for the most part of my stint in college, and it was opened in july after the metro opened up. I never looked that way because the bus turns before that and even when I drive my focus is on all the other cars leaning on mine because the car next to them is leaning on them and so on. Today somehow it caught my eye because the sky was blue, wide road was wide open and a perfect grey, and the entire frame of this road was so very inviting. It was calling to me (in that 1.5 seconds) to come and walk or drive down smoothly, happily and without care. Somehow I had missed this road before.

And it was funny because I realized that this was a major road that I had definitely traveled upon, and knew well, so such a fresh feeling from it was unfathomable. Maybe I just looked at it differently. Maybe I never looked at it before. Maybe we just need to give things time. Maybe we need to look again sometimes. Maybe all these aren’t maybe’s.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Blog.

I have a Predictor site/blog. It has Predictor and other related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:56 AM  
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

TIMUS! Remember Srin?

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home